● Build and maintain core data platforms as part of the enterprise data organisation.
● Build and maintain data lakes, data warehouses & data services.
● Identify, analyse and integrate various data source systems being used across the organisation.
● Handle all data related activities such as data parsing, cleansing, quality definitions, pipelining, storage, maintenance of ETL scripts etc.
● Support in building complex queries required by the product, business & analysis teams.
● Manage deployment of analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods.
● Communicate high-level and low level technical details effectively across disciplines, locations, and organizations, including senior leadership.
● Ensure the quality of architecture and design of data platforms & systems.
● Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
● Fully and completely understand system interdependencies and limitations.
● Leverage knowledge of internal and industry in best practices and design decisions.
● Proven team leadership, interpersonal skills, and ability to get things done
● 6+ years prior experience in software product development.
● 3+ years prior experience in principal or architect, or a similar role.
● 5+ years of experience building data services & platforms (data warehouses / lakes)
● Strong experience in one programming language.
● Strong experience in architecting and building distributed data platforms / systems.
● Technical expertise with data ETL, data analysis, data models, data mining
● Strong knowledge of cloud technologies like AWS/Google Cloud/Azure
● Proficient with BigData, Hadoop, OLTP, OLAP, and NoSQL Databases
● Strong knowledge of data store designs, data modeling, and SQL queries.
● Strong knowledge of one or more big data processing stacks
● Experience working on one or more large scale data platforms.
● Driving Non-Functional Requirements
● Experience in handling complex production issues.
Good to have
● Experience in R, Tableau, Talend, Pentaho, Python, Spark or any good framework.
● Knowledge of B2B & B2C retail eCommerce
● Experience developing, maintaining, and innovating large scale, consumer-facing web applications.
● DevOps mindset.
● Experience in data science, ML, AI is a plus.